6/11/2014

It's often hard to judge a technique without trying it seriously

I just read this article that describes differences between classical TDD and mockist TDD.
http://martinfowler.com/articles/mocksArentStubs.html
… and it was a healing medicine for my eyes when I came across this sentence:

'I also suffer from the disadvantage of not trying mockist TDD on anything more than toys. As I've learned from Test Driven Development itself, it's often hard to judge a technique without trying it seriously. I do know many good developers who are very happy and convinced mockists. So although I'm still a convinced classicist, I'd rather present both arguments as fairly as I can so you can make your own mind up.'

I only send this as an interesting fact because I have set my mind on this as way to be an architect, through the real experience and learning. Of course that day also must come when I loose the contact with the current – and it’s not clear to me what then I should do. Maybe I will switch then to the other side (get hired by a former customer :-)) and continuously switch to something else to do.

Just a morning thought.


0 comments :

Post a Comment